Time for a Bolder Child Poverty Collaborative – Byron P. White
According to this Child Poverty Collaborative webpage, What They Do is:
We lead, partner, and support system changes to reduce poverty and improve children’s lives. In collaboration with families and community partners, the CPC seeks to ensure that people currently living in poverty move toward achieving and maintaining self-sufficiency.
Sounds like a good approach!
Freestore Foodbank – Summer Food Service Project
Mt. Washington School / Oyler School / Winton Terrace opportunities
- other efforts currently underway or needing to be fostered
- Winton Terrace is dealing with air pollution issues – why not make their students a focus in other positive ways? (Greg Landsman is trying to help here)
- Pleasant Hills Academy, 1350 W North Bend Rd, 45224, is the local CPS elementary school (Resource Coordinator is Tim Walker (513) 363-4366 )
- Zip for Winton Terrace is 45232 according to Google Maps
- According to WikiPedia: Winton Hills is a neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio. The population was 4,787 at the 2010 census. Winton Hills is an area in between Northside, College Hill, Winton Place and Carthage. Winton Terrace takes up most of the area’s space.
- Looks like Ms. Mo, WCPO and Tamaya Dennard may be potential leads on what might be done here? (See this article)
CONTINUING CURRENT ACTIVITIES; UPCOMING DISCUSSION POSSIBILITIES
Family Promise – Board Meeting on 1/22
Brighton Center – talk with Becky T.
Cincinnati at large, especially CPS – talk with Mike M.
Kroger – Zero Hunger, Zero Waste program – working with Feeding America, among others
FAST – Andrew B. (truth and reconciliation with Native Americans) – food insecurity with Black Feet nation