- Shut down any unneeded APPS on the device you’re using to minimize internet/power needs from non-Zoom efforts
- Zoom at a location as close to your wi-fi as possible. Plug in your internet directly to your device when you can
- When screen sharing,
- DON’T optimize screen sharing for video clip – distorts picture on some tablets
- scroll down/up using scrollbar or down arrow – don’t page down
- Assure all participants know how to put their device on Gallery View when in a larger-group gathering
- When singing, mute participants unless you want echo (which can be sort of fun too, at times!)
- Always try to make another person on the gathering co-host just in case you need to head away for a minute
- REMEMBER – each person’s machine will have a different look!!!
- When doing Share Screen (especially early on in your experiences,) use your phone or other device connected to the Zoom gathering so you can see EXACTLY what participants are seeing
Hot-Keys-and-Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-Zoom – some handy ones include:
- F6: Navigate among Zoom popup windows.
- Alt: Turn on/off the option Always show meeting control toolbar in Accessibility Settings
- Alt+F1: Switch to active speaker view in video meeting
- Alt+F2: Switch to gallery video view in video meeting
- Alt+V: Start/Stop Video
- Alt+A: Mute/unmute audio
- Alt+M: Mute/unmute audio for everyone except host Note: For the meeting host only
- Alt+S: Launch share screen window and stop screen share Note: Will only work when meeting control toolbar has focus
- Alt+C: Start/stop cloud recording
- Alt+P: Pause or resume recording
- Alt+F: Enter or exit full screen
- Alt+H: Display/hide In-Meeting Chat panel
- Alt+U:Display/hide Participants panel
- Alt+Q: Quit Meeting
PERIODICALLY, CHECK YOUR Zoom Profile Settings FOR POTENTIAL CHANGES
- Co-host – YES. Allow the host to add co-hosts. Co-hosts have the same in-meeting controls as the host and can be especially helpful for times when you need to step away for a moment.
- Join before host – usually NO.
Zoom.US has lots of good training materials HERE for gaining more experience in a variety of ways